Thursday, August 10, 2017

Forrest Gump Real Estate

There are so many ways to go with this...

-"Life is like a box of chocolates..."
-"Run, Forrest Run!" (that one could hold so many meanings!!!)

The phrase I landed on though was, "I'm not a smart man...".  That describes me very well.  I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but over the course of a few months I have learned some important lessons in Real Estate.  I share these based on things I have seen already that I am 99% sure are universally true.  (BTW - 82% of stats are made up on the spot)

1)  This business is about relationships.  I have served in places where that was also true.  I am learning more and more that people have to trust the person they are entrusting with their largest financial investment (whether they are buying or selling a home).

2)  The little things are actually the big things. Picture quality, staging, wording of descriptions are things that get overlooked, but quality Real Estate Agents will not over look them.  I have walked into houses that I thought (based on the pictures I saw) were going to be...let's just say...not pretty houses.  After I walked in, I realized this is a great house.  If pictures make a person have a negative thought process about a house, even if they go see the house, their frame of mind has to be overcome before they will be willing to buy.  Pictures, the way house is staged, and what is said about the house, puts people into a positive OR negative thought process about the house.  As an agent, our job is to set a positive framework in people's minds before they ever set foot into the house.

3) marketing, Marketing, MARKETING!!  When talking about Real Estate, location, location, location is massive, but for agents marketing is where your value is found.  We are in a market that is moving fast. People who are trying to do For Sale By Owner can find success (the proof is that greater success can be found with an agent...alas that's another post for another day).  Here is the bottom line, an agent's job is to know who will be interested in a particular property.  Is it an investment property? Is it a first time home buyer property? Is it a property that is for an executive of a successful business?  An agent should know that and market to those people.  Simply putting a property out there for people to see on the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Facebook is not good enough anymore.  A Realtor must know who will be interested in a property & market directly to them.

Last thought...if you are looking for a Realtor, please, please ask them the following questions:
-Are they just there for the money? Or are they going to seek to build a lasting relationship with you that is meant to benefit you as well as them?
-Are they going to focus on the little details?  And how are they are going to do that?
-How will they market your property?

There are many quality Real Estate agents out there.  DO NOT settle for anything less than what is going to be best for your needs!

Thanks for reading!!
Brad
254-396-6657

No comments:

Post a Comment